The Registrar is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate student school records in both paper file and database formats; preparing all lower school year-end reports; and enrolling and dropping students according to established procedure.
- Prepare enrollment packets for all sections of the school (Parent Child Playgroup, Early Childhood Center, Lower and High School).
- Coordinate all aspects of PCP, ECC, Lower School, and High School enrollment process, mailing packets, ensuring completeness when returned, tracking all necessary forms, reports, and transcripts, and distributing them to the Business Office and HS Administrator, if appropriate.
- Create and maintain all student records in both paper file and database format, for enrolling, continuing, and departing students and their families. (Paper files for high school students are transferred to the HS Administrator after 8th grade.)
- Perform systems administrator role for School Minder and related databases.
- Maintain wait list for all sections of the school, including payments and notices to the Business office and prospective families
- Prepare and distribute weekly MS Excel enrollment reports to administration and Board of Directors.
- Maintain enrollment-related medical information such as Consent to Treatment forms and Immunization records.
- Handle all outside requests for student records such as transcripts, etc.
- Annually establish and publish timelines for submitting all Lower School reports.
- Prepare and track (typing, proofing, revising, printing for signature) all Lower School individual student reports and covers, ensuring all are returned with appropriate signatures (subject, class, and college).
- Send reminder notices to faculty and College as appropriate for any overdue reports.
- Copy and distribute all Lower School individual student reports, to parents and files.
- Coordinate all aspects of PCP, ECC, Lower School, and High School re-enrollment process, revising forms, mailing packets, ensuring completion when returned, tracking all necessary forms, reports, and transcripts, and distributing to student files, the Business Office and HS Administrator as appropriate.
- Work with HS Administrator to coordinate 8th grade transition process.
- Collect, input and report all tardy/absent student names daily.
- Verify any discrepancies with parents or teachers as appropriate.
- Report attendance information monthly to all class teachers.
Other Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Receptionist back-up for phones and front office coverage for lunch and other times
- Print class lists and emergency sheets for all binders and ad hoc requests.
- Support Enrollment Director by providing backup coverage for prospective phone calls, campus tours, and interview scheduling.
- Provide assistance with all on-campus enrollment outreach events.
- Prepare and mail all legally required school reports, e.g. Mandatory Immunization Assessment, Annual School Report Ð Child Health and Disability, Children’s Records Review.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Administrative Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with computer software applications, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to work on several tasks at the same time.
- High levels of organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Education and Relevant Work Experience
- Experience working in a small office environment with multiple interruptions
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others to understand them and to be understood.
- Must be able to read and compose documents so that their intent is easily understood.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment to conduct business.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds from the floor to four feet above the floor.