Facilities Manager Position Description
To carry the consciousness of the Waldorf School’s buildings and grounds in support of pedagogical initiatives.
- An ability to project manage multiple projects
- The ability to prioritize needs
- A strong foundation in individual trade skills (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- An ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and other school personnel
- The ability to develop and manage budgets
- An understanding of anthroposophy and how it relates to buildings and grounds.
- Ensure operation of all school buildings including maintenance for infrastructure systems such as heating as well as repairs and upkeep on an as-needed basis.
- Secure appropriate tests, permits, inspections and licenses so that the school can continue to operate.
- Create a plan for grounds maintenance, improvement and snow removal.
- Responsible for school parking lot, including planning of transportation flow, and maintenance.
- Develop a long-range picture of building and grounds needs including identifying projects, consideration of timing and development of budgets to support this work.
- Work in a supportive, collaborative manner and effectively communicate with faculty, staff and other personnel. This includes all school committees that may be involved with buildings and grounds.
- Effectively manage resources including time, personnel and money to accomplish responsibilities.
- Responsible for off-hours alarms.
This is an exempt position. Hours are flexible to accomplish needed tasks. Attendance is expected at both weekly faculty meetings as well as Buildings and Grounds committee meetings.
This position reports to the Administrative Chair.
Responsibility includes the hiring and review of all facilities hourly personnel, in consultation with the administrative chair.